A Collingwood, Ont. man accused of second-degree murder was released on $15,000 bail Tuesday afternoon following a hearing in Barrie.
Jeffrey Young, 45, was ordered to wear a GPS ankle monitor, and will be staying with his father who will serve as his residential surety ahead of trial.
The accused is alleged to have killed 33-year-old Dustin Leblond nearly two years ago at a home along Matthew Way in Collingwood June 3, 2023, where witnesses said Leblond was stabbed.

The trial is scheduled for three weeks in early 2026. Any evidence heard during the bail proceedings is protected by a publication ban.
Leblond died following what witnesses said at the time was a domestic dispute that resulted in Leblond coming to a friend’s aid before he was killed.
Leblond’s loved ones said he had several run-ins with the law as a young man and went to jail for selling drugs but was a loving family man.

Young had been in custody since his arrest the day Leblond died.
Young has a lengthy criminal record including drug trafficking charges in 2009 and 2017 involving cocaine, heroin, and pills according to Ontario Provincial Police.
Those who knew both men said Leblond and Young were friends, and it was believed any issues they had prior to Leblond’s death had been resolved.
Young is represented by defence lawyer Jeffrey Fisher, whose firm Mor Fisher LLP released a statement to CTV News applauding the decision.
“During a time where governments are attacking the rule of law and there is a lot of misinformation being spread about bail, we consider this a great victory for the presumption of innocence and the right to a reasonable bail in Canada.”
Young’s pretrial motion dates are set to begin in late November. The allegations against him have not been tested in court.
